Sunday, April 23, 2006

PEOPLE YOU WOULDN'T THINK I'VE MET, BUT I HAVE#8: CLAUDIA SCHIFFER AND CINDY CRAWFORD


There's nothing like a supermodel to make any prospective marxist revolutionary to have a shave, put on his best shirt and smile nicely.
Which is what I did when I met both of these women on separate occasions, Crawford round about 1995 and Schiffer in 1997.
As you can see, they both do the lying on the beach thing really really well.
In the flesh, things were slightly different.
Crawford was beautiful, smart, funny, intelligent, lively, and though it was plausible she might occasionally bat for the other side, that really didn't matter.
I even lost a stone watching her exercise video.
Sometimes I even exercised.
Schiffer was, hmm, well she was pretty, I'll give her that.
At the time she was engaged to that oh-so-macho magician David Copperfield.
I remember her telling me that despite their engagement, they only saw each other four times a year.
That was the most interesting thing she said in two hours.
Obviously in one of his less publicised stunts I think he had made her personality disappear.
Oddly the two never married, despite an engagement lasting years, and Schiffer now lives in London and has two kids with a rich English fella.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh come on ER, surely you must've made a pass at one of them?

Perhaps you congratulated them on becoming the star of your next 10 wanks?

April 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"THEY ARE PISSING IN OUR BOOTS AND TELLING US IT'S RAINING" 

-------MY COPY IS YOUR RIGHT E.R. 2006------- 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.